Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More CT Adventures

From: Heri
More Connecticut Adventures

I learned a lot about living in a village when I visited Grandma Ginny. So many of you are working on your personal and family histories and hunting down ancestors. You find branches of your tree & make new connections to others. (I remember when I found a long lost BROTHER earlier in my travels because of you folks!)

Well, neighbors and friends in a small village seem like extended family in many ways! Seems like people are always calling and dropping by - or calling to say "let's go do this .. or that". It's nice to see how much people here care about Grandma Ginny. And now, they've been looking out for me too! :)

One day during my visit, there was a House Blessing Ceremony and a Church Ladies Group Get Together. I learned all about Methodists! Also saw that Grandma Ginny loves tuesday mornings when she spends time with her Ladies Group down at the church hall. They make all kinds of arts/crafts, then sell those during the year and at their annual Christmas event to raise money.

Oh wait - I've got a photo here of one of those Ladies, Vicki, holding me! Reverand Marian is there too on the left and that's Grandma Ginny in the middle.





Multiply these nice folks by "many" - and you'll know I met lots of friendly people in Connecticut! :)

Yours.
Heri Poh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home