Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Weather and Food

Journal Entry - 10 June 2006
From: Heri
Location: Connecticut

You know I arrived here in the midst of a thunderstorm. It's been raining ever since! But today? Happy day - the sun came out!

No pets here, but several of her neighbors have cats and dogs. One cat often drops by. Ginny tells me there are other critters who visit .. deer ... racoon .. but I haven't seen any of those yet. So I'll say it now: I want to meet some CT Critters! Do you suppose now it will happen soon? :)

I've met the special homemakers who come in to give Ginny a welcome hand. Nice folks & a big help for her. They support other older or disabled folks too. They have work and get income - and the folks they help are able to live in their own homes instead of nursing homes and such. Looks like it's a good thing for everyone. Ginny says I'm going to beome an expert on elder issues

The other night we went to Bull's Bridge Inn just a few miles north of here to have what they call their Early Bird Special. Four of us there (counting me). Had a full course turkey dinner with potatoes and veggies - plus a salad bar - all for $8.95. Mmmmmmm, good!

I think I'm going to go to church with Ginny tomorrow if she's feeling up to it and I've heard something about a Ladies Group that meets up on tuesday morning. We'll see what happens and I'll tell you all about it! :)

Will write again soon.
Your Heri Poh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home