Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Sunday, April 30, 2006

KS time almost over

Journal Entry - 29 April 2006
From: Heri
Location: Kansas

Hi people, Have been busy the last couple of days. On thursday (April 27th), we went to the beauty shop to get Liz's hair cut. She said she "just couldn't take it any more, some of this hair had to go!" Some of the things you humans say make me laugh!

From there we went to see Ashley & HayleyM Hayley is my friend now. Both girls showed me their rooms. That evening we went to a class with their mother Lisa to learn about keeping your kids safe on the internet I heard tales about this internet being a scary place. When you listen to the FBI & police it really scares you. I'm sure glad there are such nice people like all of you on this internet too.

Yesterday - friday, April 28th - we went to lunch with the Red Hat Society Probably most of you know these are women over 50 years old that wear purple outfits & red hats and go out to play. I hear some of the rest of you belong to the RHS. All of the ladies were happy to meet me. We went to a restaurant called The Ten Cup They give ten percent of their profits to ten charities that change each quarter. Liz & I had a very good chicken salad on a lettuce bed with several different fresh fruits. For dessert we had a lemon bar. The ladies were kinda silly, but it was fun to be with them.

So here I sit on saturday knowing that in a couple of days I will be packing up and heading down to Alabama to see Anna Marie She is also taking me out with the Red Hat Society (they must be every where).

It's raining here, so we're not sure what we will get to do the next couple of days. I'm looking forward to the Ronald McDonald volunteer luncheon on Mon. Sure hope it stops raining by then (we eat outside under a big tent).

Heri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home