Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Movie - volunteer luncheon - "on the road" KS to AL

Journal Entry for tuesday, 2 May 2006
From: Liz
Location: Kansas

Yes, you read that right. Not Heri, but Liz. Heri left for Alabama late Monday afternoon, May 1st.

On the day before he left - Sunday - 30 April

Gary & I took Heri to the movies We saw "Friends With Money ." All three of us highly recommend that you DO NOT see this movie. Don't waste your time or money. Everyone was shaking their heads as we walked out of the theatre saying what was that movie about?

Afterwards we went to Red Robin for a hamburger Heri really enjoyed that.

Yesterday - monday - 1 May

Lisa & I took Heri to the Ronald McDonald Volunteer Luncheon They always take us through the designers showhouse first. It's a lot of walking because the house is large and always has an upstairs. Heri liked the three sun rooms the best. After the tour there is a big tent in the back yard for our lunch, which was very tasty. Heri liked the heart shaped cookies This year for a present they gave us a little spiral notebook. I will be using mine to jot down my memories for my BOM

After our luncheon Heri was packed and off to the post office I told him he will like Alabama. That's where my father's family (in MO) came from.

I'm going to have to catch up on my rest now. That little Heri has a lot more energy than I have Anna Marie & her husband are at the VA today & tomorrow, but her son will be there to greet Heri.

I should have some pictures to share in a day or two (after resting!). :)

Liz
PS - Heri? If you see this? When Anna Marie gets home (and maybe after her son's graduation) let us all know how you are doing in AL. Have fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home