Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Monday, October 29, 2007

CT Highlights

From: Heri
Heritage Memories from June 2006
Location: CT

I just talked (must be ESP) with Deb. She says that if I want to share a year's worth of memories with you, I've got to stick to the highlights! So, will try to tell you about my Journey in photos or lists. How's that? :)

Some highlights in CT with Grandma Ginny

  • Living in the country means meeting up with animals! I've now seen deer, woodchuck and something else I never saw, but saw what they did. We found Grandma Ginny's garbage cans on their sides with stuff strewn all over. Those rascal racoons were here during the night. What a mess!

  • Went to a wedding. Both bride & groom were in their 50s. I had the best seat in the house. I was in Grandma Ginny's purse! :)

  • Met another nice friend, Marge. She's always on the go! One day, she took Grandma Ginny and I out for Chinese food at The Panda Restaurant. Yummmmmmmm!! Oh, and I got a fortune cookie that said "You love a challenge". Perfect for me!

  • Found out Grandma Ginny loves to make scrapbooks. As others at the Church Fellowship Hall in her Ladies Group work on baby quilts, table runners, wall hangings and more, she works on her scrapbooks. She uses donated old greeting cards, calendars and what she calls written words of comfort She just brought Scrapbook Number 11 down to the Little Oratory of the Way while I was here. These books circulate around the village and people even add little notes in a small book she has tucked in the front. Fun idea!

  • Met daughter number 3, Carol - her friend Pete - and their dog Buck. Sad news though, Buck got loose and was killed by a passing car on the road. Glad I was here to offer a bit of comfort and hugs all around.

  • Pastor Marian checks in often with Grandma Ginny. One day, we three went to a quaint restaurant American Pie then visited an elderly church member in her home. People are really caring around here. :)

  • Heard chirping. Nope, it wasn't birds. It was Grandma Ginny's smoke detector Seems when they want new batteries, they chirp for them! :)

  • More lessons about living in the country. I've learned about septic tanks in the back yard, new critters & sounds, village life and more. In the summertime, it's so green here!


  • And now it's time to head on my way! Til next round! :)
    Heri

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home