Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Sunday, February 19, 2006

3 Days in Michigan

Journal Entry for 18 Feb 2006
From Heri Poh

Hi everybody at POH (and anyone else who's reading this!) - it's Heri-Poh here again.

Well I have been in Michigan for three days now and would you believe all the snow is gone! I may have to go to Alaska next to play in that stuff.

I have been very busy. As reported last I had a white creature approaching me at the table on my arrival. Turns out it's a pretty nice lady cat named Frosty. I have also made friends with a very large dog, named Max.


I attended fourth grade on Valentines Day and had a lot of fun at their party. I was welcomed by all, asked a lot of questions and read my journal. I met a good friend of Danielle's (Monica is her name) who wanted to take me home.

I went shopping for some new clothes, as the weather here has been cold all week. Tonight it is 17 degrees. I met a very nice lady at Joann Fabrics who happened to have two sweaters at home that she left for me the next day at the store. I found a hat that I had Regina make smaller for our trip to Disneyworld and found some glasses to protect my eyes.

Today I went to work in a bowling center snack bar with Regina. It was a lot of work but loads of fun too. There was a very nice lady there who is 99 and still bowls every week. Everyone I met thought I was adorable.

I was able to help mix cheese, make cookies, and take orders.

Check out the photos Regina took so I could share this part of my new adventures with you!





I tried to make a pizza but it landed on my head and I had to be rescued. Sorry no picture of that one.



Everyone here just finished packing all their things for the trip. I have my own travel box to keep me safe in the car, my sweaters, hat, scarf, and of course my journal and lots of film for pictures. We are leaving very early in the morning. So until I can write again everyone have a good week.

Love, Heri-Poh

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 PM, February 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow..it looks like Heri is having a great time. Good to see he is making a lot of friends. He should be here in south Florida during our hurricane season! Hopefully, he won't experience one first hand.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, February 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool shades - custom made hat - and an ID bracelet? This little guy is looking GOOD! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home