Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Monday, October 29, 2007

Last Days in Connecticut

From: Heri
June Memories 2006

Hi everyone!

Well, the month of June was fun in CT, but my visit was coming to a close. Here's a few more CT and Grandma Ginny memories ....

  • Remember that septic tank? Forgot to tell you I watched Bob dig a hole 3 ft by 3 ft - just to find it! After it was pumped out (liked seeing that big truck), a new cover went on at ground level. Grandma Ginny says it's pumped out every 3 years! Sure will be easier now instead of digging down for it each time. More country living! :)

  • Met Sandy who comes to mow the lawn. He rides around on his lawn mower. Seems much better than having to push one around - especially since there's a lot of yard to mow here! Nice fellow. :)

  • I ate something called brook trout. Carol & Pete brought it for us. Grandma Ginny says she ate supper all her life until her daughters became teenagers. Then they had dinner. Now? She is happy to have supper again! Me? I don't care what it's called, as long as we come together - and eat!

  • Been to doctor appts but also learned that sometimes folks come to Grandma Ginny's house to see how she's doing. Met a nice lady from the VNA. That's the Visiting Nurse Association. (See all the things I'm learning?) Well, during this visit, I found out Grandma Ginny has a pacemaker. Wow. Human beings come up with amazing things! Grandma Ginny says this literally makes her like the Energizer Bunny. It keeps her heart going! Wow! :)

  • Also learned that many Seniors take a lot of medicine. I sat on the kitchen table & watched Grandma Ginny set up two week's worth of pills in little boxes - four little flip boxes for each of those 14 days. I got really confused. So many look alike and they're each for something different! Grandma Ginny needs to use a good light and a hand magnifying glass to see the tiny numbers - to make sure they're all set up right. Sure glad I don't have to do that. But I cheered her on and soon, she was all organized for the next two weeks. :)

  • One day, we worked on a bulletin board display - to take orders for all the things handmade by the Ladies Group I told you about. Those push-pins tacks are hard to attach. Told Grandma my paw was getting sore, so she let me just watch! :)

  • We both made gift boxes out of used greeting cards. That was fun! She gave me one to keep. No .. make that two!

    It was getting to be time to leave. We decided together that I could travel again in the same box I arrived in. (thanks, Anna Marie!) The packing began. Had a great time that warm June with Grandma Ginny in Connecticut.

    Have to say it was different traveling this time though. Seems there's a US holiday called the 4th of July. Well, Grandma Ginny and her good friend Sue brought me to the Post Office on July 3rd - so I could travel to Florida again - this time to meet Lynn. Well? Lots of fireworks went off around the USA as I was in my box traveling! Couldn't see any of them, but I sure did hear them! :)

    Arrived licketdy split in Florida. Next time, I'll tell you about my days in another part of Florida and my heritage adventures with Lynn. :)

    Hugs from your,
    Heri Poh
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home