Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Thursday, April 13, 2006

At Work and Learning ASL

Journal Entry for 28 March 2006
From: Heri Poh
Location: northern FL

Ohhhhh, I had so much fun today. I went to work with Mz BJ


I saw her locker & the breakroom with lots of snacks.





I had my very own ID card You have to have one to get into the call center I checked in at the "bridge". (that's where the team leaders sit, slightly up above so they can see the operators & can tell if anyone needs help) Everyone was very nice to me and some smiled real big when they saw me. Some especially liked my ID bracelet.








Mz BJ takes calls from/to IN, IL, CT, AL, WA, & OR When I heard her taking calls from OR, I begged to be able to call MzViki, but Mz BJ said we weren't allowed to do that & we didn't have the number. Mz BJ is a relay operator for the deaf & hard of hearing That's a very special thing to do!

I had a special meeting with the center manager who only speaks in American Sign Language She taught me a few words, but I especially liked the sign for "teddy bear." I even have a couple of pictures to share:





My caption? Learning ASL






My Turn with ASL













I also had a meeting with the human resource lady. She was very excited to meet me & hear my story. I had a great day.

Ohhh, they say it's going to get into the 80's by the end of the week & really looks like we may go to the beach this weekend. I'm looking forward to that!

Lots of bear hugs to everyone. You can't see it, but I'm making the sign for "teddy bear" and I have a big smile on my face!

Heri
PS - thinking of all my POH hostesses, their families, their friends, and now even people they work with - and how nice everyone has been? I'm going to have to learn another new thing. When this traveling is over, I'm going to have to send out teddy bear thank you notes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home