Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Monday, April 10, 2006

My 2nd Florida Adventures

Journal Entry for 12 Apr 2006
From: Heri
Location: somewhere btw northern Florida and Kansas

As you'll see, two days ago (Apr 10th) I left northern Florida, but I'd like to continue here with my stories about my travels. I've written so much in my in my journals! Mz BJ has shown me so many things in FL and taken lots of pics too!

So, no time to think of what's happening today or even what's to come. Instead, I'll continue to share my heritage adventures with you! You already know I arrived in Florida on March 22nd. I'll pick up my story with my first journal entry after arriving there ..

Journal Entry for 24 Mar 2006

Hi, Mz BJ said I could use the computer while she gets ready for bed. I love sunny Florida!

As soon as I popped out of my travel box I asked to have my sweater & scarf removed. I hear I may have to put my sweater back on tomorrow...it's going to be 38 degrees in the morning & maybe windy. But, it's soooooo much warmer here than in Wisconsin! (March the 22nd)



That first day, we had a nice visit on the screen porch & I met Garfield & Pooky & we had the most delicious Chocolate Eclair Pie...yummm.



Here I am with my distant cousin, Pooky. We look pretty good together, don't you think? MzBJ told us where to sit and soon .. flash .. she took a picture!

Also, and this is exciting, a message came for ME from all the way back in Wisconsin! Can you imagine that? It said:

  • Heri, I feel so much better knowing that you have arrived safe and sound. Harry has been pacing a path in my kitchen. He wasn't sure the US Post Office could handle a bear! Enjoy your vacation in Florida. Diedra and Harry

    Pretty nice to know you're being thought about, even after you've left! :)

    Back to my story here in Florida ...


    The next day (Mar 23rd) I stayed home & napped & swapped stories with Mr. Veranda. He is a nice "street" cat. He had a lot of survival stories to tell & you know he has one blue eye & one yellow eye & sometimes I wasn't sure which eye to look at.


    This afternoon I got to ride on the dashboard of Mz BJ's car and we drove to Orange Park. It's not very far from here. We went to her favorite scrapbook store...I hear the scrappers call it a LSS. It is a very nice shop.

    Here I am inside the LSS



    More plans for tomorrow, but I'll tell you all about them then! I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm really enjoying my trip. Oh, & my leg is much better now .... in fact, it's better than ever.

    Very bearly, Heri
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home