Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Goodbye Wisconsin - Hello Florida!

Hi everyone, Heri here. A happy Heri as I look over my journaling and photos here. I'm starting to get caught up! But I was both happy and sad on my last day in Wisconsin. I'm not very good at saying goodbyes!

Journal Entry for 20 Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin

My time in Wisconsin is winding down.


I am packing up my belongings



And I'm saying my good-byes to my twin brother and to my Wisconsin friends and family I've had quite a lot of practice thanks to my POH hostesses, so I know if I share a photo like one, it's a good idea to caption it with what was happening - the date - and who the heck is in the photo! So, caption is: Heri’s GoodBye Party 20 Mar 2006 with Diedra's Dad, ds, dh, daughter-in-love, Diedra and her stepmom, and us!

Guess you already know that the "us" is my brother Harry and I!

I love to travel, to meet new friends, to see this beautiful country. We all are lucky to live where both bears and people can travel about "as they like" - "when they like".

I am heading to Florida I have some relatives down there too. Want to know a little bit about them? Check this out: The Florida Black bear clan!

So, I'm sad to leave and excited to meet my next POH hostess, all at the same time! How is that possible?

Thank you, Diedra, for a wonderful time in Wisconsin!

Heads up, bj - here I come to see you in Florida!

Your traveling bear friend - Heri

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, April 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love that "packing up" photo. Just look at all you've accumulated over the course of your travels, Heri, since you left MzViki back in January! But, that's just the "stuff" we can see. I'm betting you've got the important things "packed up" in your heart, Heri We're all happy to see you exploring your heritage and having such wonderful adventures. Here's to you, Heri! Soooo proud of your open mind and spirit as you explore new worlds and meet new people. I'd shout out a "bear sound", but not sure what a bear sounds like! So I'll send you a bear hug instead. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home