Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Beautiful Day in Florida

Journal Entry for 25 Mar 2006
From: Heri Poh
Location: northern Florida

Hi Y'all :) I'm learning how to talk southern! One morning we may have sausage gravy & biscuits and on another morning, some grits. :)

Well, today the sky was so clear & blue & sunny, but there was some March wind so we didn't go to the beach. I saw a little more of Orange Park which is in Clay County & then we drove over a 3 mile bridge

Got to see the St John’s River and the skyline of the city was really nice. We had a nice drive to Mz P's house. I met the nice dog & 4 birds & 4 cats. I did not meet 2 other birds cause they were in her daughter's room & she wasn't home.



That's me and MzP Hey, that even rhymes! :)

Mz P loved looking at my journal & albums She has learned to scrap a little bit from Mz BJ so she really appreciates scrapping. We had a late lunch at a Chinese place & talked some more about this being the year of the dog.

Then we went to the new Pablo Creek branch library It was really nice & the young branch manager librarian was also the children's librarian.


We got me two books about Florida, one is Florida History & the other one is all about Florida from the America the Beautiful series.


Tonight Mz BJ was watching a video movie from the library called "Iris" with Judi Dench. She says that is one of her favorite actresses. The movie was a little bit too serious for little bears so Pooky & I read about Florida. We read about how air conditioning and insect spray changed life in Florida ...LOL LOL...I think that is funny!

I also read that I am a "snowbird." That's people & bears who come down to Florida for the winter....otherwise described as winter tourists. Do u know that Mz BJ checked out 11 books, she says books are one of her favorite things & she really loves to read & learn things.

I’ve learned of two things we’re planning to do while I’m here. I’m really looking forward to them:
  • a Native American Pow Wow! (I heard that bears are very important to many Indian tribes)
  • the beach! (if it’s not too windy)

    Well, I’ve got to get ready for bed. I'm sleeping in a nice Indian style basket that Mz BJ wove herself some years ago. She has a great interest in the study of native Americans, especially the culture & everyday life. That's called ethnology I'm going to learn a lot more about that this coming week.

    Toodles until tomorrow. Giving everyone a bear hug!
    Heri
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home