Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Friday, April 07, 2006

March Memories

Hi to all! Heri here.

After telling you about my times in MI, FL then back to MI - I think I'm on a roll! So, I'm going to keep right on going and tell you what happened last month. POH Hostess, Regina got me all packed up (we hugged many times) - then she sent me on my way .. to Wisconsin! I sure do get around, don't I? More stories. More photos to share. "March Memories", for sure! So, get yourself comfortable. Here we go - down memory lane again! :)

Journal Entry for 2 Mar 2006

SNOW - SNOW! Finally, I got to see SNOW!

I arrived in Baldwin, WI at 3:40 pm. I was hand carried by the driver of a beautiful brown truck. Little did the driver know what a dangerous creature he was carrying in that mundane cardboard box!

I could smell snow before my travel compartment was opened. I'm afraid I left a few claw marks inside.

I jumped out as the compartment opened, ran outside to slide down a huge mountain of snow and then ...



made a snow bear angel!

I was beginning to get cold with only a sweater and scarf on. I need more clothes for this weather!

I realized I forgot to introduce myself before heading out the door so back inside I went. I could smell Chili cooking for my dinner. My host says there is cornbread that I can drizzle honey all over if I like. I LIKE I THINK!

I really need to go. I have to find out this hostess's name! Where are my manners?

Yours forever, Heri POH

Notes from the Present

Oh dear - it's sort of embarressing to read that now. I was so excited about the snow and the chili. My poor hostess! But I can proudly say now - that my manners came back - and as you'll see, I did get to know Diedra and her family over the days to come together. There were some good times in Wisconsin!

Til next time, Heri.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:04 PM, April 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love the bear angel! My 3 y/o granddaughter (who has never seen snow) makes sand angels on the beach! I do not know where she learned the concept from..perhaps TV. It looks like you had a lot of fun! :) You are one lucky bear!
    Lynn

     

Post a Comment

<< Home