Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Traveling and POH Hostesses

Journal Entry for 4 April 2006
From: Heri Poh
Location: northern Florida

I know I've been going "back in time" sharing past adventures with you, but something came into my head that I wanted to share right now .. today!

Ever since some of the "Preserving_Our_Heritage" yahoogroup members decided to become "POH Hostesses" for .. ME .. my life turned a huge corner. And yes, here I am with my "Traveling Heritage Express" to share that journey with any of you who care to come along.

But today, I want to say two things:

  • To all humans? Never take your mailing options for granted! I've been traveling all over the place now .. and always arrive SAFE AND SOUND! That's pretty amazing when you think of it, and it doesn't take five billion years to get someplace either.

    Imagine if any ancestors of today's POH members somehow had written letters going amongst the group and had decided to "pass me around"? I'd have been bouncing around on horseback or on wagons .. eating who knows what .. in who knows what kind of weather .. spending more time coming and going than actual VISITING!

    Know I've now been in the U.S. Mail - and traveled via UPS. Don't know if I've had the pleasure of Federal Express or any of your other mailing service companies yet.

    But today, I'll say a huge thank you to all the mail carriers who have nicely gotten me from one POH hostess to the next .. "safe and sound".

    Now, that leads me to my second topic!

  • At every step of my journeys so far .. leaving one place .. arriving in another .. there's been a smiling and caring POH hostess "right there with me". Like as not, I leave with "something new" in the box with me, too.

    But it's meant all the world to me to be "sent off" and "received" by such nice folks.

    So, today, this little bear wants to say in a big voice ...

    So far in my travels? Thank you, MizViki - Laurie - Regina - Diedra (you folks haven't heard about her yet) - and now bj. You've made my coming and going start and end with both a tear and a huge smile!

    Heri Poh
    PS - you know what? I thought to write this today, because it was on my list to tell you (for past traveling) that I left Michigan on Feb 27th via UPS .. and arrived in Wisconsin on Mar 2nd to be with my new hostess, Diedra. Hope you're all have a great day out there!
  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home