Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Thursday, April 13, 2006

"No grits for me" and "Gator Country"

Journal Entry for "later on" on 1 April 2006
From: Heri
Location: Florida

I don't really like grits. I guess you can see now what that surprise was! Yes, Mz BJ took me to Cracker Barrel & we had grits, first with lots of butter ewww and then tried putting over-easy eggs in it not too bad

Tried the gravy biscuits and they weren't too bad. Ooooh, but what I really like was that "sweet tea" ummm ummm good!

So, I think I will stick with southern sweet potato pie & NO grits!



I also got to sit in a really beautiful rocking chair painted for the Florida Gators. That's the University of Florida team - the Gators. There's also gators in the swamps, golf courses, and rivers of FL (so watch out!!)

Really hoping to go to the beach tomorrow [I've been talking about the beach a lot, haven't I! Well, a bear can hope, right?)

To all, don't forget to set your clocks up. But you tell me, is that an April Fool joke or "the real thing"?

Got to go to bed, bear hugs to all
Heri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home