Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Friday, April 14, 2006

People stories

Journal Entry for 2 April 2006
From: Mz BJ
Location: Florida

What a day this has been! Heri journaled and I got some pics of him at the beach today. I knew Heri had been looking forward to it, so I was so glad we finally got to go!

Stopped on the way home to have the film developed from my disposable camera. Asked for one hour developing - and hoped they would come out ok. (As I write this, I've already done a little creative cropping - and Heri has already shared 2 or 3 with you!) Hurray!

I had that hour to kill, so decided to go eat at a Spanish Cafe I've seen several times. A very nice older couple invited me to sit at their table rather than eat alone. Had a glass of Sangria (delicious) & a wonder meal!

Then I went hurrying back to the store to get the pics (I was anxious to see them). The young man who developed them said, "I have to ask, what about this bear?" And so I had to tell him Heri's story! LOL LOL What fun!

Good night to all, bj

Wait! More people stories going on!
News from: Deb (on Apr 14th, looking "back" to April 2nd)
Location: northern CA

On this April 2nd, as other POH hostesses began to hear by e:mail what was happening in Florida (before they were even shared here in Heri's blog ... POH chattering began! :) These weren't in Heri's Mailbag, they were POH Hostess to POH Hostess! messages.

Here are a few tidbits of those conversations. More people stories! :)

  • Diedra in WI: Don't you just love that Heri brings out the best of people. If you have a bear-in-hand you can bring smiles to most people You'll have to scrap that photo of your locker in your BOM. What a wonderful time you are providing for Heri! I can see he is enjoying himself so much. You are going to miss him. It's very lonely up here in Wisconsin.

  • bj in FL: Yes. One of the ladies at work (as I was getting them ready for Heri's visit & shared his 2 albums with them) ... well, she told me how she had seen a documentary on tv one time that told the history of teddy bears She was real excited to tell me all about it. I think Heri was the perfect representative to send around for our heritage group Teddy bears have been part of most of our lives for some generations at least in this country & probably in some other countries too? PS - don't forget, you have Harry to keep you company :)

  • Msgs for Regina in MI went flying too - admiring the scrapbook pages she made to share Heri's Florida vacation adventures.

  • I sure all these kind, generous and warm POH members who've hosted Heri from January til now. And there's a waiting list of others to come! Stay tuned for more adventures! Deb

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home