Traveling Heritage Express

The adventures of "Heri Poh" - the teddy bear adopted by the members of the online community group known as "Preserving_Our_Heritage" (POH).

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Heri Visits the Doll Lady

From: Heri
Heriage Memories from: Oct 2006
Location: California

Here's an afternoon of memories I'll never forget. Deb introduced me to Margaret, the Doll Lady. Just to get you in the mood for my adventures at her house?




Ummmmm .. that's me sitting on the feather duster! This doll is real people sized. It's covering up Margaret's vacuum cleaner! :)








With this one, I fit nicely in her doll's pocket!












It's really hard to pick which pics to share with you! Here are four photos that show you that Deb's friend Margaret doesn't live alone. She has - literally - a house of dolls and I met most of them!




I'm on the 3rd shelf from the top. Can you find me?











After sitting and talking with so many dolls, it was nice to be on a swing for a little while! :)





I never would have met all these new friends, if Margaret hadn't opened up her home and heart. Deb's taking the photos, so she's not in the picture. But I spent time with Joan and of course Margaret. Can you believe these two next pictures are what her living room looks like? No one who visits here can sit here in there. It's a room for all her doll friends and they all seemed to be pretty happy about that!






After I'd been through all the rooms in Margaret's house - and met doll friends in every single one of them, we sat at her kitchen table and had a bit to eat. Do you know she even tugged a little to make sure my sweater was on "just right". She's a really nice lady!

Well, before I leave you this time, I'll share one last photo. Margaret brought me back to one of her rooms and showed me how she has software that actually talks to her sewing machine! She makes all kinds of things! Beautiful things!



That's me on her sewing machine. Supervising. LOL

Doesn't Margaret have a lovely smile?






And so ends yet another part of my California Adventures!

Nap time now!
Your little Heri

1 Comments:

  • At 6:29 PM, February 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know the Doll Lady, but I have never seen her home. The Doll Lady is a marvolous person, and so are her dolls. Hope Heri had a good time...Marg is something special. She is my Aunt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home